Thanking Our Volunteers for a Great 2018
Our volunteers stepped up again this year, enabling Potomac Tea Party and its spin-offs (Anticommunism Action Team [ACAT], Constitution project, and Liberato.US) to:
- Create a great-looking logo for Potomac Tea Party
- Reach thousands of #WalkAways (former Democrats and liberals) with PTP’s Open Letter to the WalkAway Movement – these volunteers also appeared on the radio in 4 states, wrote an editorial that was published in the Daily Signal, and handed out our Open Letter to #WalkAway marchers in D.C. in October. As a result of this project, traffic on PTP’s website quadrupled and PTP appeared on One America News.
- Create a youth-oriented Constitution website (ConstitutionNext). The volunteer who put the site together also created the logo.
- Push back on enemies of the Constitution, e.g. Justice John Paul Stephens who wants to do away with the Second Amendment). Volunteers in 9 states contributed their ideas and spread the resulting articles to their networks
- Hand out over 700 Constitutions to the public on Constitution Day and at our festival booths
- Collect research on messaging the Constitution to young people – this volunteer also interviewed an expert in the Pentagon on how to attract young military service members to our founding documents
- Hold a national conference call on the Second Amendment
- Publish articles on PTP’s website on the national debt, immigration, media bias, the NFL boycott, etc.
- Create videos on free enterprise, why we have the Second Amendment, the UN sex abuse scandal, and civil rights
- Engage the public on our core values at the Irish Festival in Old Town, the Art on the Avenue festival in Del Ray, and the Fredericksburg gun show (thank you, Booth Brigade!)
- Support Judge (now Justice) Kavanaugh during his contentious nomination hearings – this volunteer took the initiative to write up her own action item. The Virginia Tea Party picked it up after PTP put it out to our list.
- Make calls, send texts, and knock on doors for the Dave Brat campaign
- Write to Virginia legislators opposing Medicaid expansion
- Contribute ideas to Louisa Tea Party’s legislative project
- Respond to a legislator’s survey (“I answered ‘no’ to all the Prog stuff”)
- Start on assisting the Virginia Tea Party on its local government project
- Write a series of articles on how to turn the Left’s sense of moral superiority against them
- Appear on a new grassroots media outlet – ‘Conversations on the Culture’
- Begin compiling a list of jihadi terrorist attacks in all 50 states
- Proofread and offer suggestions to a fact-based short story about Islam’s crimes against humanity
- Make valuable contributions to ACAT’s pushback on an article criticizing anticommunism (from a noted scholar: ‘well-written and well-argued’)
- Contribute articles to ACAT’s website on China, Cuba, Bulgaria, and Vietnam
- Translate an article from Vietnamese for re-posting to ACAT’s website
- Compile college course material on communist Thought Control techniques
- Take the powerful message of survivors of communism to the Leadership Institute, radio audiences multiple times in 3 states, and to a student group in Georgia (thank you ACAT Speakers Bureau!)